Monday, January 5, 2009

Tidbits...

(Sunrise out our bedroom window)
OK, so I have finally caught up on blogging. I will try and do better, it is just that the internet service here is not great. I am maintaining sanity but still miss everyone and cant wait to come home. It is nice here but just not the same. We are back to perpetual sunny weather. And they have declared that winter has arrived with temps in the 70's during the day and 60's at night. I did get to see the movie Twilight in gold class seating at the cinema. The seating is over sized leather recliners, you have a full menu of food that is delivered by a waitstaff and they pass out blankets. I did not take pics because I would have looked like an idiot, but it was very nice. We have spent our holidays watching movies (Bedtime Stories was good!) and bowling with friends. Also, we watched the grand opening of the Atlantis on the palm islands. Since we live so high up we had a great view of the fireworks. The entire palm was lit up!! I have a video of this too but I didnt want to wait 2 hrs for it to post. The Dubai Marathon is this month and we are going to go watch the famous Kenyans win it! The Dubai Shopping Festival starts January 15 and there are supposed to be mega sales-woo-hoo!!! Mom arrives on the 22nd and we cant wait to see her and dhow her around. My dad actually got a passport so maybe there is hope yet that he and Paaty will make it out here, too. I hope all is well with everyone and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE JANUARY BABIES-Shea, Scott, Jacob, and Lacey!!!

1 comment:

Traci said...

We miss you over here!