Friday, August 22, 2008

Abu Dhabi

Today we ventured to Abu Dhabi. This is the capitol of UAE. It is about an hour and twenty minute drive. There is much less construction, but the buildings aren't as tall either. There is alot more green space, too. We drove around and went to the mall. Let me just say the malls here are ridiculously huge and they are open until midnight or one am on the weekends. They all have stores like Gap, H&M, Limited Too as well as local shops. BUT then you have everything from Dior, Tiffany, Calvin Klein, etc. So all you serious shoppers (Traci?) feel free to come visit.


Abu Dhabi's skyline, the water is very blue.


This is a hotel called Emirate's Palace. It is where Prez Bush stays as well as the extremely wealthy.

The boys on the walk with the palace behind them. Notice the green grass...



This is a waterfall at the marina mall In Abu Dhabi. It had different timings set to music.



Some local fashion :)

AND of course, I have to show you the food we had for lunch there. It was at a cafe called La Brioche...french cuisine.


If anybody knows me, I have to start with the desserts....so many I couldnt get them all in the pic!!


Drew enjoyed the french version of a club sandwich...egg, ham, cucumbers, tomatoes, and something we couldnt identify like maybe chicken salad. Whatever it was both kids loved it!


I had the tradional quiche lorraine and salad.


I had the raspberry crumble for dessert ( I have limited us to one dessert a day...and I am doing the treadmill :)


Steve had grilled fish served over "ratatooty" as Drew calls it. He said it was delicious and both kids liked it too.

No comments: