Monday, August 18, 2008

Saying our goodbyes to friends and family was the hardest and worst days of my life. BUT I am going to look at this as an adventure and make the best of it.

Shannon took us to the airport Wedenesday, August 13. Needless to say many tears were shed. The kids and I had six suitcases between us!! Now let me pause and tell you I had great pics of this and our adventure on the planes but lost my camera our first day in Dubai. SO let me tell you a few tidbits....
In the usual Drew fashion, as we were landing in Houston, he yells, "Mom, I think I see Africa!"-have serious egeography issues to work out! After my OCD packing of each childs backpack with activities....waste of time. The emirates airline had so many activities for them to do. They passed out puppets, overnight bags with toothbrushes and kid size eyemasks, then another bag with a dressup stuffed animal, and overnight socks. Then came the individual tv screens that each had access to over 50 kid movies, games, cartoons. No boredom here!!
I also had pics of the food on the lost camera.
Kids slept well after their wonderful nurse of a mother drugged them with a little atarax :)!

And after 16 hours, we landed in DUBAI!!!!!!!

No comments: