Monday, August 25, 2008

Suite life

Not much going on really...still waiting for Steve's visa. This will allow us to get our UAE driver's license and cars. The boys are mimicking "Suite Life of Zach and Cody" (disney show). We swim on the rooftop, play board games, puzzles and wii. Just an fyi, if anybody wants a "wii fit" they are in abundance over here and it is a fun workout. Steve has been going to the office to learn the ropes. He is treated very well there. In the afternoons, we have been looking at furniture and appliances for the new place.
If the US had near the need for real estate, the economy would have a serious boost. The real estate business here is downright cut throat. We almost lost our JBR apartment because the landlord put a few illegal clauses in it. He has since taken them out and we pick up the key today. Since we thought this had fallen through we were looking at several others. At one villa, we were there with the landord and agent. Another lady walked in and announced she had rented it already. I looked at the landlord and he said, " I havent received a deposit yet so its still up for rent!" We have been in apartments long and they have rented within the hour. Thank goodness the property manager at Steve's work knows what to do.
I hope all is well with everyone and school is going great! We miss everybody! If you have a mic and speakers on your computers sign up for "windows live messenger" or "google talk" and we can talk for free! tasted great too! Nancy mailed us some kettle corn and it took about 9 days, not too bad! The kc still tasted great too! I am ready to live normally and get in a routine; especially cook! Although it has been nice to have someone washing dishes, clothes, and cleaning! Reality will set in soon enough...;)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hi Linda,
It looks like your adventure is going awesome. The food alone looks just wonderfull. I was so sorry that i was not able to see you before you left. I miss seeing you. Soo have you been able to find a home, because I think I might have to come visit. And dont you just love those roundabouts. LOL. I set up a blog on this same website, but knowing me, it will only have a name for a while. It's called ultimatedingyblog. Dont you love it, my hubby said its appropriate. I got stuck with the nickname dingy when i was a teenager by my cousin. Still calls me that to this day. I have to go cook supper, the natives are getting restless. Lots of Love,
Angela