Saturday, August 30, 2008

Moving day #1

Let me start off by saying this process has been quite comical. One tip is to never believe your real estate agent. Let me explain why, when we signed the lease we got one key. There was a locked closet in the kitchen area that he said was laundry. So Steve and I went out and bought the w/d combo, dishwasher, cooktop, and fridge. Now once we got all the keys, and I mean all because every door has a lock, we opened the door....In my state of shock and panic there was a water heater in there. So I frantically start looking around for a place to put a washer and dryer. Now I really liked Laura Ingalls in Little House on the Prairie, but I am not into handwashing clothes. Well apparently, the slot in the kitchen can be for a dishwasher OR w/d combo. Thank goodness!!!! This is our living room.

Here are the views of
the kitchen and eating area. The slot
next to the sink is where the w/d combo will go.






This is the master bedroom, we have a large picture window and that is the only closet space. Quirk #2: I went into the masterbath and find absolutly NO outlets!!! I run to the boys bathroom and half bath...NONE! Ok, I can deal, will just have to do hair in front of dresser mirror.




We had Ikea bring the boys' bunkbeds and dresser along with a few other pieces. One man came to assemble it all and it took about 5 hours...


We were flattening out the rug with light covers. That is sliding doors to the balcony that will stay locked. We have another door from the living area.

This is a view out our balcony, out in the distance are The palm Islands.



This is the marina view from our bedroom. It is really pretty at night with all the lights.
This is a night view looking towards The Palms. It was a little humid so my camera was fogging up.

We are having more stuff delivered Sunday and Monday...will keep you posted and let you know of any more quirks I might find!!!

5 comments:

Traci said...

So, where will you put the dishwasher? This is going to be very adventurous for you! I know you will be happy to have all your stuff and get settled in. Good luck with the rest of it!

nkeen1225 said...

AHHH, who needs a dishwasher anyway when you live with Drew Michael, the ultimate in dishwashers! Throw him a "dolyar" and he'll really be happy. I, however, am still trying to get over the heighth and think you may want to put more than just a "mere lock" on the boys balcony sliding door, maybe metal bars only 2" apart would be a good idea! Have you met any of your neighbors. Remember to be on the lookout for someone with an APO address, as that would facilitate me sending kettlecorn on a much more regular basis. Glad you are finally going to get settled, I know that will be a big relief. Hugs around the world!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness! It's like survivor with no electric outlets for hair! Just kidding! That would be annoying, though. I'm with Nancy on the bars on that door, girl! Yikes!!!! It looks great and the views are amazing! Have you all been to the beach yet? What I want to know is what are you going to do with all your "stuff" when you move back....in a year by the way. I'm sure you won't ship it back and I'm doubting they do garage sales over there! Hehe!Have fun!

grammyevans said...

Looks beautiful!!! What are the floors made of? Looks like tile? The rooms look really large. Sq ft? Can't wait to see it first hand. Dishes get cleaner with handwashing. Just ask Nana. Glad there are alot of nail places so that you can fix your chipped, splintered nails after dinner dishes. Miss you all. Hope the move is easy. Love you, Mom

alina said...

Nice article. the best way to outreach to potential customers is to directly connect click here