Friday, August 22, 2008

Top ten things I have learned the first week.....

  1. Going to seriously have to learn the metric system.
  2. Rolls Royce, Lamborghinis, and Bentleys really do exist ( I have seen so many, I lost count).
  3. 108 degrees is comfortable (with 18% humidity)
  4. Blondes do exist in the UAE.
  5. A "queue" is a waiting line.
  6. Mocktails are your friend.
  7. Customer service in the States have a lot to learn from Dubai-a waiter for every part of your meal: one to pour water, one to serve bread, one to bring food etc...with so many people working I have to think there unemployment rate is way down!
  8. Deoderant is my friend!
  9. Speed limits, lane markers, and turn signals are optional.
  10. AND THE FINAL ONE is DONT DRIVE IN THE LEFT LANE....you might get taken out by someone driving 100mph in cars from #2.

2 comments:

Chappell said...

Linda-- I'm really excited to learn about another part of the world through your blog. Keep the pictures coming! --Chappell (Patrick Suber's sister)

grammyevans said...

What are the seatbelt laws over there? do the care have ejection seats. have you considered bicycles?