Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ramadan Day #1

Yesterday, was our first day of Ramadan. I waited with the kids in our flat for several deliveries while Steve was at work. Ramadan is the holiday where you fast during sunup hours and break the fast at sundown with Iftar. Most restaurants have buffets to celebrate this. Now during the day you cannot drink, eat, chew gum or smoke in public. This does not apply to children, pregnant women etc. Malls are dead and if the restaurant is open, they have curtains or shades so no one can see you eat. When the workmen were setting up and I was dying of thirst (obviously not really but u get the point). I didnt want to offend anybody so thank goodness they asked for some drinking water so I figured if they were going to it was ok. That night we ate at Finz, meditteranean cuisine, Steve and the boys ate the Iftar buffet and I had grilled fish. We should be completely moved in the next couple of days...
BTW if you have tried to text my phone the last couple of days it is not working, Steve is calling about it! TRACI, Good Luck with your delivery tomorrow and I will be thinking of you!!!!

Boys enjoying their Iftar buffet...Drew had his mouth full, of course!!
Now I ordered what was called the "Petite Trio" of desserts....these were all full size!!!! AND NO I didnt eat it all :)!

For those of you requesting gold, we made the attempt this weekend to go to the famous Gold Souk, after a total of 3 hours driving there and trying to find parking we gave up. We will try again, just not on the weekend!!!

No comments: