Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Day of School

Let me preface this post by saying first, get your depends ready to wet your pants, and second, the kids have no idea how bad it really is since everyone else has on the same uniform!!! I pray my children won't hate me when they are older!
...come to find out ties are for special occasions-Thank Goodness!!!!

They are attending the Dubai American Scientific School. It is K-12. Both kids will learn the usual plus arabic and french. The principal is from California. During Ramadan, the kids only go to school from 7:50-12:30. They will usually go until 2:30.

Drew's teacher is from South Africa, Ms. Hendrix. He has 12 kids in his class, two are from the states.

Jacob's teacher is from Russia, Ms. Imai. He has 13 kids, and one is from Ohio.
They have enjoyed their first week!!

5 comments:

grammyevans said...

Grammy says "Don't you dare laugh!!" They look precious. Have any of you looked in the mirror lately?

Traci said...

I'm sorry, but that was so funny! Linda, don't make fun of them. I am sure they will hate you when they get older for this. At least they don't have to wear the ties all the time - that helps!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness!! I am sitting here by myself crying from laughing! That is awful! What did they do/say when they put that on? Yah, there girlfriends/wives will give them heck over those pictures.

Laurie said...

WAAAYYYYY too cute!!!

Connected on Your Side said...

Hi Linda, this is Miss Joanne, Heather gave me your blog address. Sounds like you ALL are learning a lot of new stuff. And I have to say, like Shannon, I too cried as I smiled just thinking about you all going to school and your first day of school pictures. They are adorable and YES, this is a lifetime goin' get talked about often thing !!
Have fun everyday on your new adventure in this once in a lifetime chance. Love you and you gave birth to your brother, too !! TWICE !!!
PS: Connected on your side was my sign in name for all the North Hills Golf Course challenges for the past 18 months. and I don't know how to change it.