Tuesday, September 16, 2008

WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!

Instead of joining a conventional gym here, I decided I would do something "convenient"...a military style bootcamp on the beach. It is put on by a company www.physicaladvantage.ae .
Now I have done the bootcamps at Conway Fitness and they were good, but nothing prepared me for last night! The weather was a mere 100 degrees with 80% humidity (so feels like 108)! I had taken my towel and water and was a little nervous of what I would find. Luckily the mix of people was just right, 30 individuals from Texas to Iceland; boys and girls; old and young. Some had done it before and others were as shell shocked as I. We started with a warm-up (now mind you I was already pouring with sweat and we hadnt even begun), then moved on to "fitness testing". Now sweat and sand just do not mix! After seeing how many situps, push-ups, squats, etc we could do in a minute, I had sand in places where sand shouldn't be!!! Then we moved to the hot black pavement to run a mile (very embarrassed by time, so won't mention it). When the tunnel vision and waves of nausea set in, I had to sit for a minute...for those of you who have ever seen me exercise, my face gets extremely red. Well we moved past red to purple!!! One girl said, "I have met my weightloss goal in sweat alone!"-I knew what she meant. Needless to say I made it home and took an ice cold shower and vowed to return...

No comments: